Thursday, February 21, 2008

Linguine with Bacon and Onions (Possibly safe for husbands)

I found this recipe in a "Everyday with Rachel Ray" magazine (this months). It caught my attention because it's in a section called "Take 5", meaning 5 ingredients or less.

1 lb linguine pasta
3/4 lb bacon
2 large onions, thinly sliced
2 large egg yolks
Parmesan cheese for sprinkling

Cook linguine in salted water till done. Reserve 1 1/2 Cups pasta cooking water.

In large deep skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Discard all but 3 Tbsp of grease.

Add onions to bacon grease and cook until softened.

Add the pasta cooking water and bring to a boil.

Stir in linguine and remove from heat.

Stir in egg yolks, one at a time.

Add bacon, season with pepper and sprinkle with parmesan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I fixed the full recipe because I thought I could eat on it for a few days. This recipe fixed A TON. I, by myself, will probably never eat it all. I think it would be pretty easy to half next time. It's a keeper recipe though. Good stuff. 4 stars!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think all recipes should have 5 ingredients or less! This sounds yummy. Matt would never go for the onions though.