So I called my neighbor over who works for CU and after over an hour, thought it was either "this" or "that" (the technical terms have escaped me). Not wanting to spend my life savings calling a repairman over at 10 o'clock at night, I opted to heat the house with a little electric fireplace. Being the awesome neighbor that he is, he checked the fireplace for me too since we don't use it that much. It pretty much just keeps the living room warm and tricks the thermostat into thinking it doesn't need to kick on to warm the back bedrooms.
I put a fan in the hallway to kick heat down to the bedrooms and slept on the couch to make sure the fire didn't go out. About 4am, Emily ended up on the couch with me. Her room has vaulted ceilings and it wasn't getting much warmer in there. Ethan's room actually warmed up. I was so relieved.
Sean, from Larson's Heating and Cooling arrived this morning. Twenty minutes and $130 bucks later, we were back in service. We needed this little part that cost $60. It could have been more so thank god! I put this here as a reminder because he said it will probably have to be replaced every few years. Now I won't forget what it's called.
Heat's kinda important this time of year, ya know!
2 comments:
Stay warm! Great pictures of the birthday party! What a haul! Hope bubbie is feeling better!!!
Glad it was a quick and cheap fix. Come over here anytime your crib gets to chilly.
Post a Comment