Friday, May 28, 2010

Days Inn St Louis

This particular Days Inn is on Lindbergh Blvd.

This motel is CHEAP, seriously cheap. I stayed for 2 nights and it cost just under $100.

However, it is the BEST motel I've stayed at in a long time. Clean, lots of towels, comfy bed, coffee pot in the room and hair dryer. I'm actually one who does not need a bunch of extras and not spoiled by hotels that are much nicer. I was thrilled.

The staff checked on me the first night. My only complaint so far were the batteries were dead in my TV remote. Within 15 minutes, it was taken care of.

It is a good kid friendly place too with an indoor pool, huge arcade and lots of color and decoration that would appeal to kids (at least mine) They offered a breakfast that I did not have but it sounded like the regular type of continental breakfast. Staff cleaned my room and restored everything to order my second day.

Only issue was no elevator. And while I did not fuss about having to drag my stuff up a flight of stairs, I was slightly irritated that nearly the entire row of first floor rooms beneath me stayed empty the two nights I was there :\

What was really cool was the bar and grill right next to the motel, and just happen to be directly next to my room. I ate there both nights. First night just wings which were awesome and second night, a appetizer combo that was SUPER. Thursday nights are ladies nights and my Bud Lights were only 2 bucks. It was mostly a younger crowd from the area but everyone was pretty nice.

No comments: