Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Trippin Tuesday

Today was the day I just could not wake up! I was up at 8, fooled around and did some things, then couched it until about 2. Ever have those days?

Now I'm catching up though. Laundry, some cleaning, and getting ready to head back up to St Louis in the morning. My dad is doing amazingly well but I still want to go back and spend some time with him. Bert is staying home with the kids and they are even doing an over-nighter in the camper down in Branson. I won't be doing anything but visiting dad or hanging at my room. I don't venture out in St Louis by myself....too scary! I talked to him a little while ago and while he does not remember seeing me yesterday, he remembers the conversation we had about the kids and what they did in St Louis.

I read someone's facebook status today (Shane I think) and he said something about booting his kids outside all summer and no lounging in front of the TV. I've taken that approach and booted my kids to the fenced-in back yard a few times today. They don't seem to mind at all and it gives me space to get what I need done. Just a few years ago, I never let them out of my sight and here I am today letting them fend for themselves in the backyard.

No comments: