Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Twas the night before a final.....

I'm completely sweating a final I have to take tomorrow night. I have studied all day but I'm in information overload mode and can't possibly ingest any more. So, I have set it aside for the night and will pick it back up tomorrow.

This A/P II class has been the most jacked up class I've ever taken. The instructor is about 24 and while I know she tried, she just really doesn't have her mojo going on how to run a good class. Can't fuss or pass blame on her though, I had the option to drop the class a few weeks ago. However, that's not my style....

I am currently sitting with a 76% in the class. She does replace your lowest test score with your final if it helps. I have GOT to make a C in the class in order to be eligible for paramedic bridge next Spring. I wish I knew what the lowest was I had to make before that overall grade dropped to a 69% I did email her and she seems to think i have nothing to worry about. She must have forgotten how pitiful my track record is on her previous tests.

At any rate, back to the massive pile of notes and power points tomorrow and will just walk in and do my best.

In other news, Bert's Dad is back in the hospital with breathing problems again. Unsure if I have mentioned this but he had COPD. His visits to the hospital are becoming more frequent and the future saddens me. I take comfort in knowing he is THRILLED that he outlived the life expectancy his doctor gave him 10-11 years ago (which at that time was 4-5). Such a awesome man!

My Dad heads to Barnes May 21st for double valve replacement surgery on his heart. This is a big deal! He has the BEST cardiac surgeon in the nation. He's got several awards over the past recent years for his practice and accomplishments. I saw my Dad Sunday and he looks amazing....probably the best I've seen him look in 30 years! Again, he is an awesome man!

Peace out! I'm off to attempt sleep and not think about tomorrow....

No comments: