A week ago today we were in Iowa. Bert got the call that his Dad was in bad shape so we loaded up on Thursday night and headed that way. Saturday morning, around 2:48 in the morning, Wendell passed away. While expected, it was very sad.
The funeral was this past Wednesday and we headed home on Thursday. I dropped Bert off in KC to play a poker tourney and the kids and I drove on home. It was my first time driving the camper home. It went fine.
Emily missed her last day of school so today, we went to say goodbye to Mrs Ullrich, Ms Spence and Ms Sheila. We brought home a huge 3 ring binder of all the things she had worked on throughout the year. It made me tear up.
My Dad is at Barnes. He had heart surgery this morning and it did not go so well. I am getting hourly updates and I am ready to head that way if needed. I had planned on going next Wednesday but think I will go up Sun and Monday, come home so Bert can work Tuesday, then go back up Wed, Thurs Fri. I am very nervous.
No comments:
Post a Comment