It's Friday. What a crazy week. Wednesday, I went back to St Louis to be with my Dad. He was doing really well but I still wanted to be with him and spend time with him. It's a good thing too, he ended up needing to ride in my truck to come home today.
I got to my motel around 3 and check in on Wednesday, then was at Barnes around 4. He looked tired, but really good. Coughing hurt his chest but he NEVER complains. No appetite but he did try to eat some. I left around 7 and ate dinner and a bar and grill behind the motel.
Thursday, I slept in, then when in search for a Diet Cherry Limeade, which is the only thing my Dad has asked for. After google searching it on my maps app, I found there was one on the same exit I was staying at! WOOT, what luck. I got my mom one too and myself my usual Vanilla Dr Pepper.
Spent the afternoon with Dad. Found a plant and butterfly balloon for him in the gift shop. It really livened up the boring room. Again that night, left around 7 and ate dinner at the same Bar and Grill. It was more of a younger crowd so watched TV and chatted with the chick bartender.
Even though they said Dad would not get out before noon, mom called around 10 and said he was getting out in about 45 minutes. I hurried and got packed up and arrived about an hour later.
The trip home today with him was the best road trip I've ever had. I really love my Dad and plan on spending a lot of time with him and I want my kids to spend more time with him too.
No comments:
Post a Comment