I am reading the book "Precious" while on my break from school. I saw previews to the movie and it looked tempting. It is wrote as if the author had no education in writing with a lot of misspelled words and at times, I have to reread what I just read to keep up. I get that it adds to the atmosphere of the book, but it's kind of a hard read.
Feel sorry for this gal. Believe it was based on a true story. Had two children after being raped by her own father, a mother who allowed it and also sexually abused her, then acquired AIDS by her father. I'm about half way through and while it is just horrible to read about such things, she still wants to raise her babies and get an education.
I can't fathom the thought of that sort of thing happening today but I suppose it does.
No comments:
Post a Comment